solution for oral administration
Transparent light-yellow solution.
1 ml of the drug contains:
active ingredient: ivermectin – 10 mg;
Excipients: polysorbate 80, purified water.
ATC vet QP54 - endectocides. QР54AА01 - ivermectin.
Ivermectin belongs to the group of compounds produced by soil microorganisms Streptomyces avermitilis. Ivermectin strengthens binding of GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) to special receptor on nerve endings of parasites, resulting in violation of neurotransmission, paralysis and death of helminths. The drug forms kind of deposition of active ingredient in subcutaneous tissue, ensuring parasitocidal effect for 10-14 days.
Ivermectin is destructive to the following types of parasites:
- nematodes (imago and larvae): Ascaris, Hyostrongylus, Nematodirus, Oesophagostomum, Bunostomum, Strongyloides, Metastrongylus, Strongylus, Trichostrongylus, Ostertagia, Haemonchus, Cooperia, Chabertia, Trichuris, etc.;
- nematodes (adult): Dictyocaulus viviparus, Nematodirus, Protostrongylus;
- arthropods: Otodectes, Haematopinus, Sarcoptes, Demodex, Gastrophilus, Hypoderma, Linognathus, Damalina, Solenopotes, Hematobia, Psoroptes, Oestrus, Melophagus, etc.
Dehelmintization of animals as well as insect and mite control in cattle, sheep, goats, swine, poultry (hens, turkeys). The drug is used to treat the following parasite lesions:
- cattle: nematodes in digestive tract (adults and larvae of the 4th stage): Nematodirus helvetianus, Ostertagia ostertagі, О. lyrata, Bunostomum trigonocephalum, B. phlebotomum, Haemonchus placeі (particularly, larvae of the 3rd stage), Trichostrongylus ахeі, T. colubriformis, Cooperia реctinata, C. punctata; lung helminths: Dictyocaulus viviparus (adults and larvae of the 4th stage); cavity helminths: Setaria labiatopapillosa (at the microsetaria stage); skin helminths: Paraphilaria bovicola (adult); larvae of warble flies (the 1st and 2nd stages): Hypoderma bovis, H. lineatum; itch mites: Psoroptes bovis, Sarcoptes bovis, Chorioptes bovis; mites: Demodex bovis; louses: Bovicola bovis; lices: Haematopinus eurysternus, Linognathus vituli;
- ruminants: nematodes in digestive tract: Bunostomum trigonocephalum, Haemonchus contortus (adult and larvae of the 3rd and 4th stages), Ostertagia сіrcumcincta, О. trifurcata, Oesophagostomum venulosum, О. columbianum (adults and larvae of the 3rd and 4th stages), Chabertia ovina, Trichostrongylus ахei (adult), Trichostrongylus colubriformis (adult and larvae of the 4th stage), Trichuris ovis; lung helminths: Dictyocaulus filaria (adult and larvae of the 4th stage), Protostrongylus rufescens; sheep botfly larvae: Oestrus ovis (all larvae stages); itch mites: Psoroptes ovis, Sarcoptes bovis, S. carpe, Chorioptes ovis, Ch. caprae; lice: Bovicola ovis, В. сарrае; lice: Linognathus ovillus, L. реdalis, L. caprae;
- swine: nematodes in digestive tract (adults and larvae of the 4th stage): Ascaris suum, Oesophagostomum dentatum, Strongyloides ransomi (adult), Trichuris suis; lung helminths: Metastrongylus spp.; kidney helminths: Stefanurus dentatus (adult and larvae of the 4th stage); lice: Haematopinus suis; mites: Sarcoptes suis, S. parvula, Demodex phylloides;
Treatment of animals against nematodes is performed before stabling and in spring before pasturing, against warble flies – in the end of summer, against agents of arachnoentomoses – as per indications.
The drug is administered orally with drinking water in the following doses:
- cattle, goats and sheep: 0.2 ml/10 kg body weight (0.2 mg of ivermectin/kg body weight) once;
- swine (particularly – piglets): 0.25 ml/10 kg body weight (0.25 mg of ivermectin/kg body weight) twice with an interval of 24 hours;
Do not administer to emaciated animals and animals with infectious diseases! Do not prescribe to pregnant females in a month before parturation. Do not administer to lactating cows. Do not administer to laying hens in 20 days prior to the egg laying period.
The drug is not prescribed in sub-therapeutic doses.
Do not administer to animals with individual hypersensitivity to ivermectin as the following symptoms may be observed: increased salivation, frequent defecations and urinations, ataxia. The symptoms disappear spontaneously without any therapeutic agents.
Animal slaughter for meat is allowed as follows: cattle – in 24 days, sheep and goats – in 14 days, swine – in 12 days, poultry – in 8 days following the last drug administration. Meat and milk, obtained before the mentioned term, shall be utilized or fed to non-productive animals depending on the veterinary physician’s recommendation.
Plastic vials of 10 ml, 100 ml and 1 l.
Store in a dry, dark place out of the reach of children at 5-30°С.
For veterinary use only!